What You Need:
- Paper cups, 1 for each child
- Large safety pin
- Empty plastic buckets, 1 for each child
- Water-filled plastic buckets, 1 for every 2 children playing
What You Do:
- Poke a few holes in the bottom and middle of each cup. Make sure to poke them in the same place on each cup so nobody has an advantage.
- Take the kids outside. Show them the starting and finishing lines. There should be at least 10 feet between the lines.
- Fill the buckets with water and put them at the starting line. There should be one between each two children playing.
- Have the children line up at the start line.
- Set one empty bucket in front of each child at the finish line.
- Give each child a cup with holes poked in it.
- On your signal, the kids can fill up their cups with water and race to the finish line to dump the water in the bucket.
- The game can go on for as long as you like. With the water spilling from their cups, kids will be motivated to run to their buckets as fast as they can.
- The kid with the fullest bucket when time is called is the winner!